Aerial view of Plötzensee prison in the late 1920s.
House III is visible in the center. This is where the condemned prisoners are brought immediately before their sentence is carried out in the execution shed (left) and they are murdered. The front part of the execution shed is torn down after 1945; in its place now stands the memorial wall and the courtyard of the memorial.
back
(c) 2003 Gedenkstätte Deutscher Widerstand